Thursday, June 13, 2013

No Math For Me

It is often challenging for parents to get their children to practice academics over the summer.  The truth is, children forget about 50% of what they learned the previous year during summer vacation.  Teachers spend 4-6 weeks reviewing information that the students knew last year.  Seems like a faulty plan.  (That's why I am for year round school.)

So I have a new blog at http://nomathforme.blogspot.com, please take a look.  It is a fun way for elementary students to read and practice math a little bit.  I will add to the blog every day or two.  Students can send me their answers in the comment section.

I will include the name of the first responder with the correct answer in the next episode.  So send the blog to students, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, and friends.  Let's see where the No Math For Me adventures take us!

No comments:

Post a Comment