Saturday, April 28, 2012

Out of my Comfort Zone

I have been at the same school for the last 18 years.  I have learned so much about children, parents, and myself at this wonderful private school.  I am comfortable here.  I have created the environment and the routine.  It is all familiar and reassuring.

Well, I am ready for something new.

I truly love the school I am leaving.  I think there is no private school in the area that gives the level of service that our school gives.

So why am I leaving?

I have seen administrators, teachers, and families come and go over the years.  There is always disappointment in the leaving and anticipation upon arrival.  Sometimes it is done with great respect and sometimes it is not.

I intend to be respectful in my leaving, I intend to encourage families to stay at the school and continue forging ahead, I intend to give the best of myself to my students as the year comes to an end.

But something new is waiting for me.  I feel the excitement of anticipation, the trepidation of an "opening night", and the thrill of taking my journey in a new direction.

When you get to be my age, these feelings are few and far between and I am savoring the excitement of a new opportunity.

At every step of this transition, I have felt at peace with my decision.  I think that is a good sign.

Change is heathy.  Change is stimulating.  Change is inevitable.  Embrace it and make the best of it.

I will continue to blog, I am hoping to attract new readers.  I appreciate the support of those who read this blog.  I would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment